Thread: Discussion Brown out! Loss of a new model.
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
Find More Posts by Detroit Dave
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined Mar 2009
255 Posts
I moved my DX-7 to my park flying planes. I put 3 planes in that I couldn't explain why. All were glow planes with 6 volt, high MaH ratind receiver packs. They also had been recently cycled. Lost a Great Lakes Bipe, a Mud Duck Sport, and a Fokker DR-I triplane. The Fokker will get replaced, but it won't see 2.4 gigahertz.
The Mud Duck went free flight seconds after take off. I had just given it a touch of rudder or it would have flown straight away. It made a circle that must have been close to half a mile in diameter. The wind finally lifted one wing and it went in on a knife edge. It was in the air close to three minutes and I never got any control back at all. Couldn't even shut down the throttle.
I have flown 2.4 with orange receivers and Lazer Toyz, 6 channel receivers and haven't had any problems with them, but those are mostly small planes and park flyers.
Bought a bunch of 72 Megahertz receivers and I'll be flying them with the planes that I value. Hard to give something up when it works.

Dave
Detroit Dave is offline Find More Posts by Detroit Dave