View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by Husafreak
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
772 Posts
Just finished building Red 13, and then I saw this review! Fussed with the rudder, too bad the only manufacturing error in an amazing kit is on the first step of the assembly! LOL that is just bad luck, but after awhile I realized this, you don't notice the little hatch marks on the rudder bevel once built but the review here would have you moving the bevel in the foam back and that is perfect and simple. I did find the hinge gluing surface too small on my rudder since I did not cut the foam so I simply cut it off, made xacto slots, and used doubled up "straps" as CA hinges.
I also did not find those precut straps. For a long time I was just cutting strips from excess material, until I started cutting into the prepared strips that is!
Another issue was of course the pushrods which are difficult to connect at the RX, also they were very bendy, with the supplied wide pushrod tube the elevator would not move up. Even though I figured out that it was the elevator bevel covering lifting from the foam and jamming against the stab that was opposing the elevator travel, I decided to slot some small diameter tubing I had and slip it around the two pushrods separately, then tack it down to the foam and apply the decals over top. So now the pushrods cannot deflect at all.
I was also frustrated with the supplied ESC/RX not turning the motor. My RX is removed from a first run of the Parkzone Su26 and it is difficult to get the motor to turn, it seems like I have to play with the sticks for awhile until it starts to work. I am not sure I understand your solution, it sounds like I just have to hold the throttle stick in the low/left rudder position as I power up, but I will go check that now. I haven't flown the little butcher bird yet but she is ready to go and a thing of beauty, just an amazing kit really and really novel, I love it!
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Last edited by Husafreak; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM.