Thread: Discussion DW Foamies owners thread!!
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:05 AM
Find More Posts by alpea 41
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
12,105 Posts
I got that motor from nano Dave on Adams reccomendation, of course he thought I would use it on one of Daves 3mm planes. But looking at it in my flight box since June was getting old and I had the 6mm Yak airframe for about as long ,,,,,,,,,,,so .....I figured Make the Yak, light as possible and gave it a shot.
The 2204/14 is tiny and will only handle a 8x3.8 APC on 3 s but it's plenty of power and gets 8 min on a 450 ma battery.
Now I've borrowed the motor to fly a Great planes VFO... So there's a very good chance the Yak will make it to the AMA show. James and I are gonna be working Nico Hobbies ,Pats booth so we'll have vendor credentials. But I'm still gonna let Eran fly it if he has the time. Or you can give it a flight... lol
When Mike teases me about the holes I'm gonna tell him he started it with all the holes in the control surfaces

The red "covering" is 99 cent store gift wrap applied with Elmers All Purpose Contact spray adhesive on the wing. And Saran wrap on the fuse. The plastic is applied to one side only
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Last edited by alpea 41; Dec 23, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)