View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2004, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by RexFlex
Joined Jul 2004
3 Posts
Villain EX vs Aqua Jet 775

Hi everyone I'm new to the boating scene and have some questions. I've read most of the threads on this site and have found them very informative!!

My father inlaw was given a Kyosho SunStorm 600 for X-Mas last year. Ran it for the first time last weekend and I was very amazed at how well it ran. First time I have ever seen a RC boat run and now I'm hooked We live in MN and have a cabin on a secluded lake(very calm!), I also have a large pond across my street

I have been looking at the Cen Aqua Jet 775 or the Traxxas Villain EX. I've done searches and read the reviews that I could find on each. I'm looking for something that's pretty fast out of the box and can easily be upgraded if I want. Run time is another factor as I don't want something that every 3 minutes I have to change batteries. I realize that as I upgrade runtime's will get shorter do to larger motors, etc. Figure the Villain EX would eat batteries faster than the Aqua Jet as it has 2 motors. I've read posts discussing that once you get the Villain EX over 30-35+mph the hull becomes unstable? Would the same hold true for the Aqua Jet? With full upgrades which boat will be faster?

I'm looking for any information on hull design, motors, upgrades, runtime, etc between these two boats or a boat that maybe I should consider.

Thanks for all your help!
Matt
RexFlex is offline Find More Posts by RexFlex