Trader Rating: 28
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,997 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
You have seen Chris fly. He pushes his quads hard due to his extensive practice and skill gained by it yet I have not heard him mention any component failures on the quads he fly's. If we are to believe the manufacturers specs are real world then Chris "should" be having failures or at least heating issues but he isn't, so his models and extensive testing have led me to begin to question the limitations that the manufacturers specify in their data. I am re-examining my builds to determine if I don't actually grossly overbuild by using esc's that are of excessive capacity and more costly and if I also build using smaller props than I could actually use if I were to partly ignore the manufacturers recommendations and do some real world testing instead.

Given my above statements I recently finished a build of an H-Quad using Hobby King 12A Blue Series ESC's and an 800KV motor that is specified at 15A max draw. I am using a 9X5 3 blade prop on the motors that should be too big according to specifications BUT there are no heating issues with ESC's or Motors which leads me to believe that Chris is onto something in his build style since my design like his falls outside manufacturers specifications but works quite well when specifications say it should not.

Thurmond
I think your right! Either way, I'm very pleased with what I have. Thanks again, Chris.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1