Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellj View Post
So should I be able to practically balance the plane on the landing skids? I was messing with mine last night after getting it all back together and noticed it always wants to fall to the left wing, so I know the left side is heavier. I know actually getting it to balance on the skids would be hard, but it wouldn't be hard to tell when it's close.

Also as far as CG is 77mm from the leading edge what you all use or the 70mm that the manual says? Seems at 77mm on my fingertips I almost have to get the battery out of its hole to balance. I'm probably gonna rig up something tonight to balance it properly without my fingers. Also the CG should be checked with the prop folded in right?
I balance it laterally upside down so the tip droop keeps it centered. otherwise it just falls over too fast. I'm balanced somewhere in the 75-85mm range for CG. A finish nail or brad pushed into a wing tip will correct lateral balance pretty easily. those slip on pencil erasers into pencils drilled into a wood base works well for CG

Good pictures of it here
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member