View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by ApexAero
Aka: Tom Jenkins
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Aug 2008
4,576 Posts
Hello all, my name is Tom, I wanted to say thanks to Ron and all here just because of these Electric Threads in RCG. I've been at modeling for quiet a while, first it was the building and designing, then it was learning the In's and outs of 2 stroke R/C engine reworking and tweaking for either Stunt or Speed, then it was Scale Detail added to my skills and flying as fast as I could racing for a spell, poof ten years has gone by, boredom set in.

Well dontcha just know it! Here comes the electric bug whispering on my shoulder, "Hey, you can do this much quieter! And go even faster!" So how you gonna do it? Low and behold there it was gleaming to me off the screen! Electric Motor Design and Construction, hmmm
I'd read of a few guys rewinding motors, I found out about the Power Ditto pages and a thing called F3S and got a new outlook on things, a new direction in the hobby and a way to force myself to step up and just do it! So thank you Ron and the electrically interested members of RCG for the opportunity to learn something new and breath new life into my passion and hobby of Model Aviation. My goal is 250 mph, refining my swept forward design, winding a Croco style motor and vicariously burning a hole through the air. I got back into balsa planes at 33 and just turnd 58.
Enjoy life!
Happy Holidays All
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member