Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:38 AM
Find More Posts by SOOFLY
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Nov 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
Hi again, SOOFLY.

I think that one could fit most 4 sell 2200mah batteries but I don't have one to try. I'm almost certain that a 1800-2000mah would fit. 3 cell batteries are preferable due their lighter weight. My Specter draws @250 watts at 27 amps with a 10X6 prop and 3 cell 1600mah battery. This combo will pull her nearly out of sight, vertically, in a little over 10 seconds and she's still accelerating. I don't think that squeezing every last RPM out of the motor is important when you get into the size motors we are talking about.
I agree with you... The extra weight from the 4 cell battery probably isn't worth the extra 50 watts and also running the motor at its limits. I was really just curious what and if they would fit. You know, the nano tech LIPOS are so affordable these days I could pick up a 4cell just to play with on occasion. I have a stash of 3cell LIPOS ranging from 1300-2200mah that I use on helis and other planes so I had planned to run on 3cell.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the Specter yet. For some reason I keep thinking that I'm going to log onto HK and the Geronimo is going to be available in the US warehouse. Guess I just need to order the Specter and get one of these gliders in the air.
SOOFLY is offline Find More Posts by SOOFLY