Thread: Discussion A few F/F plans added....
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by algy2
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
This time to the July 1988 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring the WATTIE.

In fact the Vintage Rubber Wattie was the first plan and article to be found in this issue as ANDREW LONGHURST took a detailed look at the 1942 model and it’s designer Flt/Lt. WATSON R.A.F.

It’s a charming model that just asks to be built is very stable and flew right of the board.

Next to MEADOW LARK MINOR a vintage style sports power model for Free Flight or R/C by MIKE WHITTARD.

When I saw this plan in 1988 the Devil whispered in my ear and I built an R/C version and briefly went over to the Dark side and actually learnt to fly Radio Control.

The model looks nice in the air and is very stable.

I powered mine with a 1.5cc PAW Diesel and flew rudder, elevator with throttle control. The slightly unusual rubber band sprung undercarriage works well and you can actually see it working and absorbing the landing shocks.

Going tailless with an in-depth article on this class in the VINTAGE CORNER column by ALEX IMRIE. There is also a plan for J.MARSHALL’S WORLD TAILLESS RECORD HOLDER

DAVE HIPPERON’S FREE FLIGHT SCENE gave news of a soon to be held indoor competition to be flown using the 1927 JACK LOUGHNER INDOOR TRACTOR design .

Much useful information is given on getting the best performance from the Indoor Tractor which at the time set a World Record of 5 minuets.

Finally an in depth look was taken at the modelling career of P.E. NORMAN who over the years produced many classic designs

One of his plans was also included with the article that of the scale MIG 15.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Dec 21, 2012 at 04:18 AM.