View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by 356Jim
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,384 Posts
If you're willing to build your own from scratch, go to the Indoor and Micro forum and search for my "140 Percent UMX Extra 300 ** NOW WITH VIDEO ** " thread.

This plane retains all of the great flying characteristics of the stock UMX Extra 300, but I enlarged the dimensions to 22 inch WS, which lowered the flying speed to about 80% of the original. Knife edge, inside and outside loops, etc. are easy. However, snap rolls are a bit too trying for a depron/mylar structure - so stick to the slower Pattern-type maneuvers and you'll be happy.

My original plane was converted to use an AS3X version of the ar6400, but a strong gust of wind blasted it into a tree. All that could be salvaged was the equipment, so after the holidays I am going to build a new airframe for it. I will post a build thread over there and a link to it here.

Another suggestion is the Vision3D by [URL="featherlightrc.com/kits/vision-3d.html"]featherlightrc.com/kits/vision-3d.html[/URL it flies as slow as Alexi Lantsov's or Donatas' planes.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim