Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I have the Extreme main blade grips. nicely made, but WAY heavier than the stock that it actually compromised my pitch pumps. I am only using it on my back-up 130X. The added head weight might have also affected the head speed/RPM, not solely the added weight, affecting my pitch pumps.
The more expensive Lynx CNC grips are nice and light weight, pretty close to the stock plastic. My buddy uses one. I was trying to save some $'s and did not realize that it's a heavy metal until I received them.
I've heard that Xtreme's parts are often heavier than others. BTW - the Xtreme grips are made from aluminum alloy like the others - not one of the heavy metals. Some of the weight difference is likely because the Xtreme grips have thrust bearings, while the Lynx grips do not. Interestingly, the MH grips also have thrust bearings. I wonder if they're also heavier.

No matter - I'm interested in Xtreme's tail-shaft, not the main grips. I usually only go for "upgrade" parts when they tangibly improve performance. Given that aluminum main grips don't provide a noticeable improvement in flight-performance over the stock grips on this bird, I haven't found a reason to switch. However, a hardened tail-shaft made from quality steel that spins true would definitely get my attention!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker