View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Took the extra to the park armed with my new props. First pack, tryed a rolling loop in the first minute. Bang nosed it in broken prop. (this was the new 11 x7 so fly at 3.75 a pop). Dang, i said, so i put on the spare, the 10 x7 slo9 fly, couple more circuits, tried an inverted spin, kept it going too low, pulled out about 4 feet from the ground inverted stalled it, bang in she goes, another broken prop.
Thats 7.50 worth of props in about 3 minutes. I think i need to get a cheaper prop or learn how to fly. Just couldnt fly for toffee, all over the place. Out of touch with the Extra, as i havent flown it for a while.
They are coarse pitch props for 3D and maybe your ESC Do you mean 11 x 4.7 SF?
I am using 11 x 4.7SF on the 2810 motor, but if you are using the 2217, I'm guessing that is working it some, mine got hot on a 10 x 4.7!

Don't feel too bad, my friend and I were flying last week, the only two people there, both with ExtraVaganza's and we hit each other
I managed to remove one blade of his prop and take a piece out of the centre of the other one, cut the front off both his wheel spats and make several lacerations through his wing up to the spar
I came off better with a bent motor cross mount, bent prop driver shaft, split in the wheel spat and 1" missing off one prop blade.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart