Thread: Discussion 1/8 scale U-95 Hydro.
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by 785boats
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,743 Posts
Thanks for all that info bill. I thought I answered you when you posted it. But It seems I didn't. Has it really been nearly 4 months since I posted anything on this thing?
It's been sitting around doing nothing until a couple of weeks ago when I got the urge to do some work on it. I've built Up a Rigger, a small Hydro, an Osprey & a 25" Boogieman in the meantime. But I need to get this thing done for next year.

I've decided to go with a 1/4" flex drive with the adjustment in the hull.
Just recently I've fitted & shaped the leading edge of the main hull. Also shaped the fins & wing from some 4mm aircraft ply & fibre glass.
Then I had to trim out the deck of the centre section of the hull with some 1/4" basswood, to take the sub hatch.
Also the cowlings were cut to the shape of the deck. This meant that I had to add some extra decking at the front & rear of the centre section so that the sub hatch didn't extend out past the cowling where it tapered.
The slots at the rear of the hull were cut through the deck to accept the fins & the centre fin has been glued into the cowling. More bracing blocks will be added under the cowling to strengthen it later.

The shaft & tube has just arrived as has the strut. Once I get the motor mount, I'll set all that up.

Here's a few more pics.
Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats