View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by soarrich
Soarrich
Middletown, NJ
Joined Dec 2003
527 Posts
PIoneer adventures.

I went out yesterday to fly, about 2 mph winds. I got a guy to hand launch it for me three times, three times it plopped into the ground. I told him I just wanted a straight out good push which he did, so it's not the launch or launcher. The last one knocked the motor off and broke my cam prop.

I went home reinstalled the motor, put a wood 11x7 prop on it, took the expo out of the elevator and ailerons, and moved the battery 1/2 way back to where it was when it balanced at 46mm so I'm assuming it's at 44mm now. I want to launch this myself but I broke my left shoulder a couple years ago and there's no way I can throw it with my left hand so....I mixed in a full up elevator, about 1", on the "F" switch of my Futaba TX, I can give it power while holding the switch operated with my left index finger, throwing the plane with the right hand.

I went out today, the mix worked great! 3~4 mph wind I gave it a light shove straight out, more concerned about the wing level than throwing hard, at about 20 feet away it was up 10 feet so I released the switch and I was flying, NO DRAMA. I can show the settings if anyone is interested. I also have a kill switch programed in so you can't give yourself a radical vasectomy by accident..

I'm going to move the CG back to 42mm the way it is now is too pitchy for me.

The hinges can easily be repaired using Becon Foam-Tac glue.

Gordy, good videos. I just made a cam-hat to take my videos. I have a GoPro, but the lens makes the plane too small for our use.
soarrich is offline Find More Posts by soarrich