Trader Rating: 4
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Okay Gentleman, here it is............... I call it the Armattan "-BF510- Squid" edition. Why? Because it looks kinda like a Squid and I am a retired Squid of 22 years US Navy.

Many thanks to Chris again. I think it looks cool as hell. The whole idea with the bent arms was to raise them up out of a cameras view, like a GoPro.

These are the pics Chris emailed me a few days ago. The last pic, Chris sat a CNC 355 on top of the Squid for size comparison. I think the Squid is a 510mm.

So what do you think?
I think it looks great Bryan, and should be great for keeping the blades out of the way of the camera. Nice improvement for those interested in taking pictures and video with their Armattan.

I for one, am thankful that I found this forum full of great people who share a common interest in a hobby that I love. What I think is cool is that if everyone has a neat and practical idea such as this one, constant improvements can be made over time that end up benefiting all of us.

While I understand that Chris is mainly interested in acrobatic quads and not so much in aerial photography or fpv, its awesome that he seems willing to create new designs to cater to others interests. So we all end up benefiting by having a quad for each flying style.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83