Old Jul 06, 2004, 07:36 AM
gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,468 Posts
jsky... Looking Good!!!! You can add the top of the UF once you get the pushrods installed (I use .032 wire in coffee stir straws taped together...running from the nose to Hippohorns on the elevons)... then you can make a hatch(in the top) with the foam canopy attached to it as a retainer...
Ps , I know this goes against esthetics , but I always put my batteries on the outside of the plane (Velcro) for two reasons ....
Cooling , it's summer here ...95+, batteries get really hot when you start out at almost 100....
When you crash (and we all crash) the battery will disconnect from the Fuselage taking its weight , inertia, and the tendency to ripp off the front of the fuselage with it ....Saved many , many planes in the past ...

The gear drives have a little noise , but none of the irritating BUZZ of small high speed props resonating on big foam soundboards(I make guitars too)....more like the sound of flying sewing machines.....The Ar is fast with the C drive and the 10/6 prop , schmaybe not as fast as DD , but way fast enough for a semi scale jet design ...looks good , flys good , in the air...I guess it's going at least 40 mph ....or better
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Last edited by gpw; Jul 06, 2004 at 07:44 AM.