View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by RDIII
United States, MO, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Perhaps the smoke system would be the most visially appealling for the crowds at 1000'+
instead of dropping scrap parts perhaps a bag of flour...or the tube full or full-ish. no air can get into tube. when "kill" is registered however you would like to score a servo coule open side flaps in the plane to release the flour and creating a puff/smoke trail wouldnt last long could be less expense than smoke unit...idk.
with the FPV/racing type scenerio i am thinking there would be multiple monitors throughout the race to show as the racers pass by the rings. the cockpit views of all pilots.
with about 5-8 stationary cameras 6 cockpit cameras and 1 or 2 aerial cameras on planes just to watch the race. there is lots of room for editing to make this a very appealing sport. downside is after its all edited then you have to gfet it to the audience. hmm...
this is all way down the line for what im thinking. at first i want 2 planes running a race thru hoops flown with fpv. one front and one aft camera on each craft. perhaps 2 stationary cameras.
once i can see if this is a workable option with the fpv and how well someone can fly like that. then i will move onto adding the sonic/laser modules
RDIII is offline Find More Posts by RDIII