Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHaven View Post
Well, I just had a go with a JR system (X-378 7 channel) and what a mess. Jittering all over the place. I can use Aux to turn the gyro on and off, but cannot damp out the jittering no matter what percentages are set in the TX. The jittering is worse when in the 'Off' mode. It lessens markedly when the gyro is in the 'On' mode.
The worst of it is when inputting left aileron with the gyro in the 'off' state - man the servo jumps around like a jack hammer!

Also tried it in a Turnigy 9X upgraded with Sky9X mainboard running FrSky DJT and a D8R-XP RX - jittering just the same.

Then tried it in an old 35meg Futaba T6EX - working fine with no jittering at all.
Tried all three gyros I have and all the same. Will look at it all again tomorrow.
Mine was doing the same thing with an Aurora A-9. I replaced the Y connector to the ailerons from a heavy duty Hitec to a cheap HK one and it solved the jittering. I was stumped too and changed the Y connector by pure luck as I noticed that when I unplugged the ailerons it stopped.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen