Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I usually don't let the heli cool down. I just change the battery and go again. Motor gets hot since it's for a 2s and esc a bit, but by the time I finish swapping batteries they seem fine. There's no way I'm going to sit there and wait 5 minutes for these things to cool off. A minute or two okay, that sounds reasonable, anything more I won't bother doing. It's been fine so far. I guess it all depends on the setup like what esc and motor you are using. I'm not sure I just test them as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Thanks PitchP
I just changed the servo back to an analog HXT500 servo from a digital one.It flew through a battery pack with no problem, but on the second battery pack I lost the tail and went into a spin, which resulted in a lite crash. On second thought it could be my esc, like you said. The esc has been acting somewhat funny lately, meaning that it seems to run batteries down quickly; it's a Turnigy Plush 25A. I do not know how to check these things, so it could possibly be the problem. One more thing, how long do you let your heli cool before running another battery pack? I'm running my packs 4 minutes and letting the heli cool for about 8 minutes before running another pack.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx