Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Thanks PitchP
I just changed the servo back to an analog HXT500 servo from a digital one.It flew through a battery pack with no problem, but on the second battery pack I lost the tail and went into a spin, which resulted in a lite crash. On second thought it could be my esc, like you said. The esc has been acting somewhat funny lately, meaning that it seems to run batteries down quickly; it's a Turnigy Plush 25A. I do not know how to check these things, so it could possibly be the problem. One more thing, how long do you let your heli cool before running another battery pack? I'm running my packs 3 minutes and letting the heli cool for about 8 minutes before running another pack.
i got told 10 minutes and i've been following that ever since. I apply this for my 250s and 450s. And if it's a really hot day, let it cool down even more! PS i highly recommend a better tail servo. Just like this video of this guy with his 250. notice he has a state of the art tail servo, but he's using HXT900 on his cyclic. A setup like that will do you fine. The turnigy 306gHV would be good to try.

hb790 SKYA 250 (6 min 25 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp