View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:46 AM
Find More Posts by hogal
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
205 Posts
Titch and Austin Whippet

From the July and August 1952 Aeromodellers here are two free flight planes at the different ends of the spectrum.

First up is Titch, a 30" sport free flighter designed by Ron Warring for engines up to 0.5cc. For me planes of this class are favourites and this design combines all the attributes one could wish for. Simple to build, rugged and good looking. Coming from the pen of Ron Warring you cab also guarantee excellent flying characteristics. Keep it free flight with i.c., put radio in it, make it electric, I reckon one for all of us to enjoy.

The other end of the spectrum is the Austin Whippet. This 32" span scale model by M. Garnett has been available for some time, the article has been posted on this web and made tracing is available on Outerzone, but I thought I would combine them all together. I hope nobody objects. The design was built around the Mills 0.75cc motor and features pendulum controls. Being a short nosed biplane it would offer a fascinating build and warrant extreme care when trimming. If I ever got round to building one 'Chicken' would come to mind and radio would be safely built in.

As ever with my tracings please take care if you decide to use them - there may be mistakes present and it is always better to measure twice and cut once. I will also be sending Steve from Outerzone the CAD drawings to host.

Enjoy.

Al
hogal is online now Find More Posts by hogal