View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Find More Posts by viking60
High Altitude Flyer
Fairplay, South Park, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,640 Posts
Fast,

I glued my tailgroup on solid- wasn't at all happy with the movement.

Robo,

the stock motor can perform very adequately IF you simply open up the air venting holes in the layers of the nose & motor mount that are not opened when the kit is delivered. Also add cooling air exit holes. Mine flies fine with it; (you can check my posting & photos back a few pages starting on page 163, post 2435.)

My stock ESC is also working fine once the cooling airflow is opened up & the extra heat shrink was cut away from certain areas on the ESC. The info on turning on the prop Brake on the stock ESC is also repeated within the last few pages following page 163. Since the setting tones are different than shown in an earlier video, I expect that the ESC has been upgraded / replaced with a different model than what was included in earlier kits. Bottom line- mine from the version III kit is performing fine to date; neither the motor or the ESC are showing more than slight warming at the end of a flight. And I'm flying slightly larger prop blades on my stock motor & ESC than what are included with the kit. So this reported weakness in the earlier versions of the Phoenix 2000 may have been improved upon.

(I did replace the stock kit servos before flying my Phoenix 2000; too many reports of sudden failure in flight for me to take a chance with them.)

VIKING
viking60 is offline Find More Posts by viking60
Last edited by viking60; Dec 15, 2012 at 09:48 PM.