Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
17,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
you'd be surprised at that statement. the actual speed difference between landing flap settings and zero flaps isn't that much. on a 767, the differential between the two is only about 10 knots in a 767. what changes dramatically is the approach angle to the runway. of course, if you don't fly finals with power, flaps will bleed off airspeed till stall occurs, which is why finals are always flown power-on. it's actually a mistake I see too many RC pilots make, because they simply don't understand aerodynamics. they don't set up a good glide path with the elevator and use careful power inputs to increase and decrease altitude.

I'm sure every airplane is slightly different, but the general statement is that flaps don't change the approach speed too much, only the approach angle.
Very true Rich thats why when I maidened my 767 I had fixed gears and had the flaps at about 20degs, so I knew to keep her at a relativly high throttle level, but now I have retracts & made other improvements the 2nd flight will be VERY interesting . . . . . .I hope
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member