View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Nov 2003
2,828 Posts
Things are coming along nicely. I finally got my hog board on and calibrated and balanced out the rig with go pro and battery. When I was setting up the HFG board I came across a weird problem. My HF gimbal would work while hooked up to the computer but not when it is only powered by battery. It appears Hoverfly didn't solder the jumper. My board did not have solder on this point it is just 3 lines no solder jumper like in this picture/diagram.

My board looked like this:

hence the problem. I then soldered a jumper and it now works fine.

The gimbal and rig are looking and balancing great. I did find another issue though. I do not like the way you have to take the gimbal off of the quad to move it forward or back for balancing. If there were a a way to slide it back and forth easily this thing would be very convenient.

I put on some smaller props and took it for a spin with the camera on it. The results were ok, won't really know until I get to post. I did hear some weird vibration in the audio. I don't think it was the props though as I balanced them pretty good although they are cheap carbon gem fans so maybe i'll get better results when I get some zingers or graupners.

I'll post video soon.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker