Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:31 AM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
Well then, how have you imagined it? My fuselage needs to be changed soon anyway and the weather isn't too kind either. So, plenty of time for tinkering!
The stickers on the rear sides of the fuse are where the scale ones would be.
Here is an image:

I personally think that they are not needed. This is coming from someone that flies his mig in a 175ft x 200ft box with trees on two sides my house on the third and only one side open. My approach is a descending semi circle and my landing area is only 6ft wide gravel/dirt driveway of which the center 2ft are big stones so I have 2 2ft strips. I have just under 50ft of usable landing length. I've never had a problem landing the mig as long as the approach is good. To fast or too high and it'll float forever. Just make sure it is slowed down early and get that nose up.

Anyways... Airbrakes. You could mount the servo somewhere on top and use a flexible pushrod in a guide similar to how they routed the two elevator control rods. Make two extremely light plastic pieces that are the size/shape of the stickers on the mig. Hinge them in the front and place the stickers on them. Most importantly keep it light!! Extra weight on this plane will make it fly poorly.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon