Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by warhead_71
Trader Rating: 11
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,299 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
That's fine... don't sell it. Hang it from the ceiling for decoration until you know a lot more about the hobby (like, in 4-5 years... no I'm not kidding). But it will cost you about $400-$500 to get it flying.... just so you are aware. I'd hate to see you pour that kind of money into it, not really knowing what you are doing, and then go crash it.... it's a nice plane and they don't make them anymore.

In the meantime, you could start with some small Guillow's rubber-band models and learn to how to assemble those. They are cheap ( picked up a few at $8 a pop on Ebay) and relatively easy and fun to build. That's how I got started, and I learned a lot after building 2-3 models. I think you are jumping in way too deep of water with this Stearman... it would be a shame to do a bad job of repairing it then crash it on your maiden flight... which I about 99.9999% guarantee you will do. I'm just trying to save you from wasting your time and money on it right now, plus I'm trying to save that nice plane from becoming a pile of splinters.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71