Find More Posts by warhead_71
Trader Rating: 11
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,295 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I'm repeating myself from his other thread:

It's a Sterling Stearman. I have one too that I am converting to electric. There is a thread started here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1349779

It's a lot of work and money to restore this plane if you are new to the hobby... and I'm sure you could easily get $100 for it and spend the money on something that's better suited for you.

Reproduction plans will cost you $15-$20. Silkspan and dope and paint will cost you about $75-$100 "if" you do it right the first time --- but you probably won't. New servos, a gas engine or electric motor, gas tank or batteries, RX, essential hardware, etc will run you ~$200-$300 for a plane this size. And if you add details like a scale dummy motor, pilots, decals, etc, you might spend another $50-$100. And it will take you hours and hours to do the work right.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but I've dug through some of your threads and you don't seem to have the patience, experience, or money to sink into this model. I suggest you sell it while it's still more-or-less in 1 piece. Start with something smaller if you want to learn how to cover a "stick" plane.

--- my 2 cents.
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71