B12
Find More Posts by B12
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
The main difference with the 9x apart from looks is that it will have a preinstalled programming connector, and thus not require soldering for firmware upgrades, and the 2 trainer ports that were mentioned and seen on the photos.
There isn't much more to expect from it.
Very true plus I think they will be shooting themselves in the leg if using off the shelf er9x. It will bring the radio out of the capability of computer illiterate basic users searching for an affordable easy to use radio with guiding GUI which asks what you want and tells what to do. Flying buddy of mine is such a person and I will never try to offer him flashing his 9x with er9x and take the burden of endless phone calls and ending programming his models for him. He has used his 9x for four years now and can do "something" with it to make some servos move but nothing like aileron differential.

Hard core flyers will NEVER buy it no matter how powerful the software may be. They use their Futaba or JR forever. The 9XR will end up as a cheap toy for experimental fiddlers (which may be like 0.1% of the rc community).

On the other hand HK will have zero software developing cost and free updates and developing.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12