View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I'm planning on building a twin engine plane with about a 26" wing span (I know, might be a bit big to be called a "Micro", but it is 1/24th scale); all 1/32" balsa (fuselage crutches will be 2 layers laminated 1/32) construction and fully sheeted in 1/32", retractable landing gear, and probably at least 200mah battery capacity. I'm guessing it will weight some where around 4-5 ounces, perhaps as much as 6.

Now, the props to scale would be about 6" in diameter and three blade; is that getting a little big for the mustang motors, and where can I get props that size and counter rotating?

If I have no choice but to use the mossy props, would they along with the mustang motors be able to haul a plane of this size?

Assuming the mustang motors won't do the job with 6" props, what about an AP05 brushless with the same props and a two cell power set up?

Thank you for the help in advance.
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron