View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,631 Posts
I loved night flying, but I have not had time or resources to put together a plane since I switched to Extreme Flight. I used the old Hobby King LED tape strips, which was all we had then, and those would permanently disfigure the plane. You stick them on and had to live with them forever because pulling them off would tear up the covering. I just couldn't bring myself to do that to a plane as nice as an EXP, so I have been waiting for a clean system I can take on and off.

I was sort of waiting for the Pantera to build one of those up for night, but now I think it will be an Extra EXP because I've got four of them! If I can get something together I might haul ass up to SEFF and shoot for sunset, fly all night and then haul ass home.

My third club is Sarasota Silent Fliers, and every Thursday we cook out, combat and night fly. It's an awesome bunch of guys and we alweays have a blast, but I have not been able to get down there as often this last year. I miss all of those guys and if I had a night plane that would motivate me to drive down there more often.

There is talk of us having a combination electric fly-in/ night flying festival there about late April or so. Right about then the temps are perfect and the wind is zero, so if that event happens I gotta be ready to rock out.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin