Thread: Cool Zephyr II
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Peruvian
Peru, Lima
Joined Apr 2010
60 Posts
Finally I maidened the Zephyr II. I went alone so unfortunately no photos. The soccer field I chose was being springled so I had to use a smaller grassy patch nearby, near the beach (therefore no thermals). There was a light breeze from the sea. A light toss into the wind to check showed it glided straight and level and on for miles... well, not really but you get the idea. No trims were necessary! Next throw was harder and it gained altitude and I managed to guide it around a circle and catch it at the end (I have practiced with a Radian). So I kept throwing harder each time and, despite no thermals, the circles became larger and flights seemed to be longer. Sometimes I caught it and sometimes it would land gracefully. Sometimes I even managed to make two full circles. I never launched it as hard as I could for fear I would brake something (both in the plane and in myself), but I guess I will overcome that eventually. I had about half an hour of great fun and enjoyment. Mark is so right, it is a lot of fun.
Now everything hurts, my right arm, right shoulder, right side, back, left hip, etc., but there is a grin in my face...
Peruvian is offline Find More Posts by Peruvian