View Single Post
Old Jul 04, 2004, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by jimsky
Trying to defy gravity...
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
Bluecor "Arado Projekt" Build Thread

I thought Iíd start a build thread on the Bluecor Arado Projekt that Iím working on. This is a Bluecor project that uses the Universal Fuselage (from the FoamFly website), it's a sturdy 3 dimensional fuse that several other plane builds have been based upon. The plane does have a fuse, but to me itís very similar to a flying wing. Elevon control with two static stabilizing rudders are used, control wise itís very similar to the SuperFly variation of Delta Wings.

What I liked about the Arado Projekt is it was originally designed for a gearbox power plant. A J250 motor in a ďblackĒ GWS 100 gearbox. The original gearing was a ďCĒ ratio swinging a 1070 prop. It appears this plane has been successfully flown with a J250 direct drive with a 4X4 prop. Iíll be trying a ďBĒ ratio and a 9X7 prop. Lots of possibilities here, I like the geared drive due to its quieter operation.

The plans for the ďUniversal Fuselage" can be gotten on the 1st page of the following link, the actual plans for the Arado Projekt can be downloaded on the second page of the same link:

http://www.foamfly.com/gallery/Universal_Fuselage

There is one past build thread that does have various information:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=Arado+projekt

Iíve got the universal fuse built, but Iíve left the top open to install the flight electronics. I also cut the rest of the foam. Components will be as follows:

Motor - J250
Gearing - GWS 100 gearbox, B ratio
Prop - GWS 9X7
Battery - Etec, 2 cell, 1200maH, Dean Ultra connector
Receiver/ESC - Plantraco DSP4-SC, Litenna installed
Servos Ė Hitec HS55ís

Below are a few photos of where I am in the build. As things move along Iíll post some updates.

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Last edited by jimsky; Jul 05, 2004 at 09:16 AM.