View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by CaptainBit
Silly Old Fart
New Zealand, Wellington, Masterton
Joined Mar 2006
239 Posts
I think what we need here is one of the Americans with background knowledge to help us with the questions raised. Although I was on the IYRU- RSD IEC12M committee as the NZL representative I do not remember some of the stuff that went on at the time. It is a bugger getting old.
Regardless it is the future we must look forward too and I feel the loss of National status in Australia is not that bigger deal. In New Zealand we have never had the support of the NZRYA and so the owners association has always kept their own register and run their own affairs. As the class in AUS is not in all states perhaps it is a good thing that the owners association should manage the class and be free of interstate politics.
I must confess I am not up to speed on all the ho-ha that has been going on with the class there and which seems to generate so much steam on this forum. Quite frankly I don`t think most of those here are interested in who whacked who with their handbag first but are happy to assist the future growth of the class if possible. Forget national and concentrate on local recovery. If it looks like a 12 and sails like a 12 then it is a 12. "Run wot ya brung"
CaptainBit is offline Find More Posts by CaptainBit