View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by i812
Joined Aug 2009
5,373 Posts
1) Simply press fit both ends of the Tail Boom by hand. If you're running wires inside the Tail Boom, then I highly recommend being very careful when press fitting either end, making certain not to pinch or kink the wires. I highly recommend loosely winding the Tail Motor wires on the outside. I haven't had a problem with running the wires on the outside, although I'm careful when I handle the Tail Boom. I crash big time, and Tail Booms are one of my most common break items, but I'm OK with that because I cut my own from CF tube, and it takes less than a min to replace a Tail Boom without any tools if the wires are on the outside. If you don't pinch the wires going in or out of the Tail Boom, then I think the next likely place to damage the Tail Motor wires is over the sharp edge at the back end of the Tail Motor. I definitely make certain the Tail Motor wires have their heat shrink located at that sharp edge and do everything I can to route the wires so they are NOT press squeezed over the sharp corner. Walkera's use of a protective cover over the wires is a good preventive measure; however, the wire's heatshrink has to be properly positioned first, and the wires should be routed in a way such that when the protective Cover is installed it doesn't pinch the wires over the sharp edge more than absolutely necessary.

2) The official Walkera website: http://www.walkera.com/cn/upload/picture/MiniCP_ex.jpg
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Dec 12, 2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Add comments about Tail Motor wires