Thread: Discussion TechOne Owners Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by js32257
Joined Dec 2011
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
[As far as the swift wings...which I read somewhere they are floppy ....I plan to use some carbon fiber to stiffen up a bit. I also ran a thin bead...very thin bead of welders glue on all control surface hinges to add durability.Twisted Hobbies recommend doing this on their planes which I'm going to start building next....Crak Yak and Su-29.....I kinda went crazy on cyber Monday...but the welders glue is IMO good stuff and will build all epp planes with it.
So are you saying you're going to brace the wings internally or brace the wings to the fuselage? I used epoxy to fasten the carbon rods which straddle the joint and go about 80% to each wing tip and used welders adhesive to join the two wings together. The wings themselves are pretty stiff. I can bend them if I really try but that's far more force than I see happening in flight. I do think the wings need to be braced to the fuselage, however. We'll see once I glue them in and the glue dries. I'm a measure 27 times glue once and still get it wrong kind of guy so I didn't glue them yet since I want to get it right.
js32257 is offline Find More Posts by js32257