Thread: Discussion Anyone concealed carry?
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
I know my post is a bit late, but for what its worth, I would say a Glock 17 may be a bit too big for a girl to carry/employ effectively (of course this is purely an assumption, the ultimate decision lies in how comfortable she is with the weapon). I personally carry a Glock 19 and love it. Its fairly easy to conceal, my hand fits it perfectly, and the recoil is easy to manage, making fast and accurate shots easy.

On a side note, but of no less importance (and being military you probably already know this): it doesn't matter if you carry or not if you don't ever train with it. When you do train with your weapon, you will lose what you trained in just over 2 weeks, if not less. Its a perishable skill. Practice every day. Practice just part of your weapons presentation, such as getting your hand on it. Repetition is priceless. I spent 6 years in the Marines as a designated marksman and did a tour in Iraq back in 06. I practice every day for at least 5 minutes of just drawing, putting the sights on target, and the trigger pull (with dummy rounds of course). 5 minutes may not seem like a lot, but you would be surprised how effective it is. Don't believe me? Do some research. Even a lot of police officers suffer from sub par effectiveness in their shooting and weapons handling because they only train a few times a year.
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247