View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by meltor
Southern MN USA
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
most of the p-40 set up i found on ebay and some parts came from china.it took a few weeks for the parts to get here but i think it was worth the wait.the servos are 2 1/2 gram that are available from many sources in china.these were 4 for 12.00 shipped.the motor is a 2200kv 9 gram brushless out runner also from china and was around 12.00 shipped.the esc i found here state side and is a 6amp pentium with with bec and was around 9.00 shipped.i bought the 4 channel orange reciver from a friend for 15.00 new and i believe that is the going rate.the batterys are 350mah 2s from a depron ultra light i fly and are from value hobby @ 3.50 ea.the prop i used was probably not the best choice but it flys the plane like mad.it is a thimble drone cox .020 prop 4x4.5 i believe.this plane came out @ 3 1/4 oz with the battery.if i remember the running gear was just under 2 oz.
there are some more details in the guillows p-40 thread but here is the vid i just made showing function.i have flown the p-40 a few times now and this set up works great.flight times should pass 10 min.i would imagine this will fly any of the 500 series but may be a bit heavy for some.i think it would be great for some of the 20-30 inch span biplanesand others.it may be a while before i get some flight vid as winter has really hit here.
guillows p-40 rc conversion-1/1 (8 min 25 sec)
meltor is online now Find More Posts by meltor