Find More Posts by CryHavoc
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarZeelon View Post
Greg,

If a distributor does not sell something, or somewhere; there is no large gain to be made from that, or from there.
There maybe some truth to that EXCEPT when it comes to Hobby King. Those guys are complete prostitutes when it comes to product. They have far too many things for sale on their site that are small to zero volume for sales. And is exactly why other distributors are dropping it.... there is no gain to be had with this engine, as is, for most peoples abilities, has developed a bad rep, and does not sell well.

I agree with Greg. There is no conspiracy here. No market take over. Michael Chow threw this engine to the wolves..... period. Hence the lower price Hobby King can sell them for and the fact that no other NGH are, or have ever been for sale at Hobby King. I'm not privy to sales figures but I seriously doubt this engine has out sold any other NGH products for your statements to be true.

Personally, I think anybody with this engine better start stocking up on parts as I doubt NGH is gonna waste anymore time on it for the long run. Typically when distributors drop product lines and discounters start blowing them out cheap, its soon to be gone altogether. I hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Last edited by CryHavoc; Dec 10, 2012 at 03:43 PM.