Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by eltreato
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Excellent this is the kind of advice I'm after. While I was setting the pitch on my FBL head I noticed one of the pitch links came off a little too easily. I may try scavenging parts the FB head and find the best balls and links, but ultimately these would seem like a natural upgrade. I'd also consider building up the existing balls with a thin layer of CA as I've heard some people have done. The boom holder and boom on mine seem surprisingly sturdy, yours isn't the first complaint I've heard about these parts, but if I see any trouble I'll definitely look at upgrading. Thanks for your advice.
So I did my first hover test in my parkade. The heli lifted off and bounced up and down a bit, I got it calmed down but then I couldn't keep it reigned in and it hit a wall. Good thing I have the feathering shaft from the old FB'ed head, I'll cannibalize it to get this thing back in the air. Busted a skid, but was thinking of replacing with a spare 450 - at least until I get it dialled. I'm wondering if the lousy linkages had anything to do with it. A couple of them are ridiculously loose and one of them came was undone when I picked up the pieces, can't say for sure if it was the cause though. My next hover test will be on the center line of a nearby soccer field.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato