I decided to try something different this time on my control rod setup. I have used carbon fiber pushrods before, usually with music wire ends. In an effort to save weight I thought I would try some tiny wood clevis ends and horns, using plywood, basswood, and a small amount of Fiberglass. Ths should be lighter and much more snag free when landing on the belly. Maybe I can prevent the need for servo arm covers.
To start, all clevis ears and the horns will be from 1/64" plywood (0.01625" thick). Te servo ends I used a coffee stiring stick (basswood) and sanded it down to the thickness of the servo arms which is 1mm (0.03937 Wide). So far so good, then I just needed to strip the wood to ear width and decided to go for 3mm as a rough cut before glue and sanding.
I am using thick CyA, and thin CyA for assembly. My actual pushrod shown is 0.020" in diameter (0.508mm). This is some tiny stuff and I think it is going to help save on weight.