Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
18,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwesterntech View Post
....I am using tape hinges on the elevons, but I have concerns for their reliability over time, so I will probably change them out for regular hinges after a few flights....

*excited*
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkiteflyer View Post
I'm using tape hinges too, and I also had concerns. So I did double sided tape (top and bottom), and then put another layer round the 'prop slot to cover the edge facing the "breeze". Worked fine and have had no problems.

Good luck, and put loads of expo (if you have it) till you get the feel. Watch out for the swept wing rolls . . . they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.! ! ! !

Cheers
Phillip C
I used to use packing tape hinges, and then switched to normal hinges. But then I ran into problems with making sure the cuts in the foam were correct and not getting glue in the hinge itself. Finally I started using Blenderm and never looked back. So easy to use and will NEVER peel off the foam, even in brutual summer heat (my garage gets to 120 plus in the summer).

DuBro sells it as "Parkflyer Hinge Tape", or you can order a box of it direct from 3M. I started carrying it on my website too.

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=235

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat