View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Mendo
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay View Post
Further back in this thread that's been discussed. Pretty common. One of the few "mods" I would do before flying this plane is to flow CA over the joints between the motor box and firewall. But even after doing that I've still had it pop off. Once it's off and you can get glue down in the joint it is easier to re-glue it. Hopefully you don't have too much cowl damage.

-Jay
Oh yea, when I assembled it many many flights ago I went over every single glue joint I could weasel thin ca into, braced the cabin all around with carbon fiber, as well as the battery tray. Then soaked the motor box, firewall, and battery tray with thin ca. I have had to re glue a few random places here and there as the flights and abuse added up. Mine is just a case of high energy aerobatics that alot of airframes dont tolerate for long ( and in the t crafts case its not anywhere near up to all the g's stock ) The cowl wasnt damaged at all as I noticed it within a few seconds of it letting go, and it was given a thorough inspection and repair last night. Plan on flying this morning, Ill try to remember to turn on my hatcam instead of just bringing it and hopefully have a vid or two for folks to laugh and/or cringe watching and waiting for the catastrophic structural failure that seems imminent! There may be some knife edge madness between lomecevacs if its back to normal....Maybe a very non scale hover to mortify or delight...

Now that I spoke up Ill probably re kit it lol.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo