View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by ryan_m
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,858 Posts
I've got a buddy with a gas 89, I have an electric one. First powered with an a60-18l, and then later I slapped a Q80 on it that I picked up from a fellow addict at a decent price. Anyways I've flown his gas one back to back with my Q80 powered one. Vastly different... the gas one has much more speed and seems much better suited to flying high energy stuff, imac stuff, precision flying, etc. The electric one is much much more comfortable down low on the deck. I wasn't nearly as comfortable on the gas one doing really low harriers and hovers. The electric one feels stupid easy down low. But the electric one lacks top end speed, and you know when flying full throttle that your batteries are just running down super fast and cutting your flight time short.
I like both, but think I prefer the electric one overall. That said I do want a gas 78" MXS when ExtremeFlight comes out with them just to really get comfortable on gas and see if I like it as much/more than my electric 89. It definitely isn't about money, the electric one is on par with, if not more than a gas one. And that assumes you already have the packs.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m