Find More Posts by hifinsword
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,874 Posts
Nosewheel replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
It seems mine are the "40mm" blocks http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mm_5sets_.html, though I don't know why they call them that. I bought both sizes, and it's the bigger one, but they're about 25mm by 36mm. The measurements on HobbyKings site don't make sense - they seem to have them the wrong way round.

It might be safest to buy one set of each, to make sure They're cheap enough anyway, and they have other uses. I used two to make a radio controlled launch trolley for a plane with no undercarriage (for the steerable axles). I never got the plane in the air with it, but it was quite fun driving it around.
I got both 32 and 40mm front wheel steering mounts. It was only $2.41 for the extra set. It looks like the plane's front strut is attached to the new steering arm but can't see the how the new trailing wheel is attached in your photo but I'm sure it'll be obvious once the parts come together. I want to lock them together so the steering is usable. The field I want to fly has a 7' wide concrete runway so unless I takeoff in the parking lot, I've got to keep it on that 7' wide strip.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword