Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknuth View Post
Maybe having the stronger motor will help get me out of trouble, I am probably too light on the throttle anyway but dont want it to get going too fast either, but the turning has been more of a problem so hopefully with the links adjusted better and more practice, I will have longer flight times. I know Im gonna enjoy flying the first 5 crashes I still had fun but now the crashes are getting old and Id like to have longer flights. Thanks for your help
Jknuth,
Be careful, speed is not your friend when trying to learn.
The brushless motor is more than twice as fast as the stock motor and will get you into orientation problems just that much faster.
The best setup for the control horns for a first time flyer like you is: control rods closest to the center on the servo and farthest out from the root on the controlhorns.
It is deceiving, but an airplane like the Gamma needs very little deflection in the control surfaces to fly well.
If you are indeed going to go brushless then Stay with a 2s battery. That will help.
When you get in the air try to gain altitude so that you can have some space to make mistakes (3 mistakes high, as they say).
Go to the beginning training area here on the forums.
http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ft-electric-8/
You'll learn a lot.
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo