View Single Post
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by GliderJim
Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2006
614 Posts
Your setup looks pretty good to me. I don't know that I would raise the tank any, although a picture from the front would allow us to see the relative heights of the engine and tank a little better. Since you have nice clear fuel tubing, you should be able to see if there is any fuel in the line. You want a situation where you can fill the tank and not have the fuel run into the engine all by itself, which you should be able to see happening. If you prime and start the engine with the fuel line empty, then you should expect to see the fuel work it's way through the line as the engine runs off the prime. It might not make it all the way to the engine though, which means you would need to have some fuel in the line to start with. You can put your thumb over the venturi opening and turn the prop a couple of times to draw the fuel up into the tube. However, if the fuel just runs back down into the tank after you do that, that's no good either.
GliderJim is online now Find More Posts by GliderJim
Last edited by GliderJim; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added last sentence.