View Single Post
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by PyroMan
United States, KY, Paducah
Joined Mar 2011
597 Posts
I will do my best not to use the E-starter again, but I can't promise anything

My fuel tank's fuel port was about 1/4" below the fuel intake port of the engine. I have attached some pictures of my testing setup. I will try lowering my tank like GliderJim suggested. I may also switch my tank out with a syringe without the plunger so I can see the fuel that's left.

I feel like the engine could've been flooded because I primed, pressureized the tank and filled up the venturi, and squirted fuel in the engine through the exhaust ports often. So I will do less of that next time.

I couldn't find anywhere on my starting fluid can that stated that it contains ether. I'm assuming it does because that's what I've always been told that starting fluid is. Now that I think about it, dad may have a can of better quality starting fluid in the shed. I'll check that out and see what it says.

I'm real anxious and excited to get this thing going! Just the few seconds I had today of it running at high rpms was cool. Especially how I could see the glow from the combustion through the exhaust ports!
PyroMan is offline Find More Posts by PyroMan