Thread: Discussion Fairwind III by Kyosho
View Single Post
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Chalupadrop
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
Wow, guys, thanks for the quick feedback on my questions.
I have ordered the Spectra you referenced, but there is now a $2 shipping charge, but still much more reasonable than other sources I was able to locate.

[QUOTE=Boomer1;23482108
Chalupadrop
Pictures are always welcome on these threads! They make the thread more colorful and certainly more interesting. Like to see some pictures of your modifications -
Boomer[/QUOTE]

I agree that the pics make things alot more interesting on these threads. To date, I havent made any mods so the pic would just be the stock setup. Sorry to be only a "taker" at this time, but still trying to learn the basics of rc sailboats. I will post pics if I come up with something worthy.

I like the idea of using white glue instead of epoxy for the ballast. Is there a recommended weight of ballast for the initial load?

lilleyen; I saw your try on the hatch seal using the high start material. Brings up another question I am trying to answer. I have several sailplanes all on 72 Mhz. Do you have a 2.4 radio recommendation that has all the sailplane functions (including crow or butterfly) that you also use with your sailboats. The 27Mhz radio with the Fairwind seems quite adequate, but if I get a new radio system, would like to use it for multiple models.

Again, thanks for the continuing posts! A picture is worth a thousand words when you are new to something like this.
Chalupadrop is offline Find More Posts by Chalupadrop
Last edited by Chalupadrop; Dec 09, 2012 at 09:51 PM.