Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:32 PM
Find More Posts by m0dest
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarl Of Whirl View Post
Kody, Thanks for pointing me toward the Futaba S3114 servo as a much better Crack Yak replacement for the totally lame TH CS40D servos that went bad after only 10 flippin flights. The S3114 is awesome, twice the torque & close to the same weight. I will be carving the TH servos out pronto, crushing them & burning them, oh but I am not bitter.lol

Flop, Thanks for offering up a replacement servo last night & tossing me a GWS prop to try. Had fun flying indoors for the first time eventually with just ailerons & elevator after I lost my rudder servo. Can you say “dead man flyin”…bouncing off the walls, posts, ceiling rafters, basketball hoops, bleachers, ground & almost off you & Steve. Hey but I still brought home a fully intact Crack Yak, though little sob's aren't they!

Thanks Vitter, Supatim, Flop, Kody & Steve for putting up with the indoor rooky last night. Had a complete blast.

Those 3114s are awesome. My dad just replaced the servos in one of his warbirds with those and I found an older one lying around. The centering is spot on now and I didn't realize how crisp they are. I would bypass the TH servos for those. I had one of the TH servos just quit out of nowhere then start working again after I had already cut it out. Another stripped a gear when the motor cogged out and landed on the tail which is another issue I'm not going to bother with.

I love my crackyak but I'm having issues with a bad motor(which killed a servo). I sent the motor back and talked with Brad and he said he coudn't get it to cog, it only happens after about a minute once the ESC and motor both start getting hot. He sent it back and is still having issues. I alleviated the ESC as the issue as the motor overheats any of the 3 12amp ESC I tried it on. Now the last thing to check is the bullet connectors for a bad connection. I'm going to solder them direct tonight and see if that fixes anything. If not it's going back again.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:43 PM.