Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Awesome! I'm glad it's working out for you. That motor is pretty good. Did you end up soldering direct or adding pins? I did the pins, but only to see how it would work out. So far i have not been getting any bog on the heli with that motor(on a good day), except from the battery. Starts up every time too.

I'm thinking about gearing down now and only flying on days with less wind. Because no matter what the head speed is the wind kills my flight time and at some random point can strain the motor enough black out the RX if i don't TH and drop it. So going with a smaller pinion might help with this, maybe. But the wind here is just too much. I want to do this sweet sounding 2S setup with a Castle ESC that has a governor on it. Now were talking about a lot more money though. Maybe one day. But with the bigger heli in my hangar.... Lets just say, going bigger is better for the wind if you have the space.
I pulled the pin plug off an old CB100 motor & put on it. Wanted to stay plug & play if I want to put that motor on one of my other 3 V120D02S's later on. Starts up great & working good.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor